Bayes Innovation Group Remit
The Bayes Innovation Group develops and oversees the delivery of innovation-related programmes and projects within the Data-Driven Innovation (DDI) Programme and is responsible for delivery of the Adoption and Entrepreneurship objectives of the Bayes business case. It develops proposals for submission to the DDI Programme Board, cascading DDI ambition and priorities into innovation and delivery units across the University.Vision
To lead on adoption of data science and AI (DSAI) across industry, public, and third sectors as well as on DSAI business creation through wide-ranging collaboration with external partners, so as to enable the University of Edinburgh to maximise the benefits of translating its excellence in research and education into real-world impact in partnership with external organisations.Aims
- To grow existing and develop new DSAI adoption and entrepreneurship activities that benefit target DDI sectors through collaboration within the University and with external partners.
- To develop new DSAI innovation bids which contribute to the delivery of, but are not limited to, the DDI Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- To share information of DDI-relevant funding sources to enable DSAI innovation at the University to grow in terms of quantity and quality by attracting external investment.
- To identify new opportunities for adoption and entrepreneurship initiatives across the University and with potential external partners, and liaise with other DDI hubs.
- Joint strategic development, oversight, progress monitoring of the portfolio of programmes and projects pertaining to the Adoption and Entrepreneurship themes of the DDI Programme.
- Networking and outreach within individual represented units, cascading DDI opportunities to broader communities, and bringing initiatives and priorities from these units to the group.
- Joint management and coordination of the pipeline of engagements with external partners where DDI activities involve relationships with industry, public, and third sector organisations.
- Facilitating access to DDI funding for their respective units via the development of proposals in line with DDI KPIs, and supporting cross-unit information sharing on innovation matters.