Bayes Research Group Remit
The Bayes Research Group develops and oversees the delivery of research-related programmes and projects within the Data-Driven Innovation (DDI) Programme and is responsible for delivery of the Research and Datasets objectives of the Bayes business case. It develops proposals for submission to the DDI Programme Board, cascading DDI ambition and priorities into delivery units across the University.Vision
To lead on data science and AI (DSAI) through cutting-edge research and provision of a broad range of datasets supporting this research, so as to enable the University of Edinburgh to be at the forefront of translational and multidisciplinary DSAI research by fostering collaboration across the University.Aims
- To grow existing and develop new translational and multidisciplinary DSAI research activities that benefit target DDI sectors through cross-University collaboration.
- To develop new DSAI research bids which contribute to the delivery of, but are not limited to, the DDI Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- To share information of DDI-relevant funding sources to enable DSAI research at the University to grow in terms of quantity and quality by attracting external investment.
- To identify new opportunities for research collaboration via cross-disciplinary engagement, and liaise with other DDI hubs.
- Joint strategic development, oversight, progress monitoring of the portfolio of programmes and projects pertaining to the Research and Datasets themes of the DDI Programme.
- Networking and outreach within individual represented units, cascading DDI opportunities to broader communities, and bringing initiatives and priorities from these units to the group.
- Facilitating access to DDI funding for their respective units via the development of proposals in line with DDI KPIs, and supporting cross-unit information sharing on research matters.
- Ensuring new research initiatives are aligned with the strategies of Schools and Colleges, and comply with established University processes for research grant delivery and management.