CMVM Undergraduate Learning and Teaching Committee Remit
Purpose of the Committee
The College Undergraduate Learning & Teaching Committee is a strategic and operational committee reporting to the College Strategy Group and the Senatus Learning & Teaching Committee, and liaising closely with the College QA Committee and the College Postgraduate Learning & Teaching Committee on all matters relating to the development and implementation of the College's Learning & Teaching strategy.
- In partnership with the College Postgraduate Learning and Teaching Committee, to provide direction and oversee the development and implementation of the College Learning and Teaching Strategy;
- to promote University and College strategy in course, programme and curricular development;
- to promote quality enhancement in UG learning & teaching across the College, identifying and promoting good practice in learning, teaching and assessment;
- to consider equality and diversity issues related to the undergraduate student experience, curriculum development and assessment practices;
- to develop student support arrangements and other aspects of the undergraduate student experience that relate to learning, teaching and assessment
- to consider and approve proposals for new courses and/or programmes, the closure of degree programmes, other undergraduate curriculum changes, curriculum concessions and academic regulations for undergraduate programmes from the three UG Boards of Studies (EdMed BMS, EdMed UG Clinical BoS and R(D)SVS UG BoS); and to receive reports from these Boards;
- to discuss matters referred on issues such as curricular development, regulations, student support or progress;
- to report to the College Strategy Group and to the Senatus Learning & Teaching Committee; and to discuss issues referred by them and by the Curriculum & Student Progression Committee to the College.
The Committee will act with authority, as delegated by College Strategy Group, to take decisions regarding the development and implementation of the College's UG learning & teaching strategy.
The Committee will report directly to the College Strategy Group and the Senatus Learning & Teaching Committee as necessary, but at least annually.
The Committee will work closely with the College QA Committee and the College PG Learning & teaching Committee in taking forward its remit.
The Committee will usually meet five times a year, in October, November, February, March and May. Additional meetings may be convened if necessary.
The Committee will also interact electronically, as is necessary for its business to be effectively progressed.
Agenda, papers and approved minutes will be published on the University's web pages in accordance with the University's publication scheme.